Re: feature request (Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available)

Autor: Matt Bernstein
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: feature request (Re: [Exim] Exim 4.03 is available)
At 14:38 +0100 Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Matt Bernstein wrote:
>
>> Also, could we deliver LMTP to a socket rather than over TCP?
>
>The lmtp transport does it over a pipe. Could that be fudged up to copy
>to/from a socket?

I guess it could, and I might have to have a hack at it, unless someone
can answer me this:

I'm trying to migrate to cyrus imapd 2.1.3. My initial testing (on Exim
4.02 and 4.03) is to bifurcate mail for my guinea pigs and deliver both to
the old spool (appendfile) and to Cyrus (LMTP over TCP--it's currently on
a different machine). This is at present done with an accept router with
"unseen" and "local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim/forked-users" pointing to an
smtp (protocol = lmtp) transport, and subsequently the old accept router.

My first big problem is that I have implemented on the old accept router
"local_part_suffix = /*"; "local_part_suffix_optional". I want to keep
this for the old setup, and for both setups do a
headers_add = X-Local-Part-Suffix: ${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}
so that Sieve and MUAs can still use it.

I don't see how I can tell Cyrus lmtpd to mangle the addresses on arrival;
Exim won't let me mangle them at transport time. So, is my only avenue to
have a redirect router with "unseen" and "redirect_router = x" where x is
a router after a new last one which rejects everything? Would that even
work? It's quite ugly, if sly :)

Or is there either some magic option to the accept router along the lines
of "new_recipient = $local_part@$domain", or to can I make the redirect
router use a transport? I kind of want to accept and redirect at the same
time.

Sorry for the confusing mail, and for bending Exim in strange ways!

Matt :)