[Exim] Redirect to different domain name

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: David Moon
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Redirect to different domain name
Hello all,

Please forgive me for asking a basic Exim question such as this. While I
have scanned the FAQ and searched the mailing list, I still need some
guidance.

Here's what I want to do: Exim (version 4) receives mail from
user@??? and relays to gateway mail servers in the int.mydomain.com
domain. The Exim relay server itself is also in the int.mydomain.com domain.

Here's how I think it can be done manually:

hubbed_hosts:
               driver = domainlist
               transport = remote_smtp
               route_list = mydomain.com
mx1.int.mydomain.com:mx2.int.mydomain.com

What I'm not sure about, though, is how to configure Exim to use DNS/MX
lookup to find the proper gateway server, but will still always query the
int.mydomain.com namespace rather than the mydomain.com namespace.

I know that I can use the manualroute router to manually assign a gateway
(or gateways) to a domain. Instead of having a static route which direct all
mail to a specific gateway, I'd like to preserve the resiliency offered by
DNS. Also, I don't want to rewrite any mail headers. Seems like domain_list
is still the way to go, but I'm flailing for the right solution.

Any guidance in this matter is greatly appreciated!

David

IMPORTANT NOTICES:
This message is intended only for the addressee. Please notify the sender
by email if you are not the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not copy, disclose, or distribute this
message or its content to any other person and any such actions may be
unlawful. Electronic mail sent through the Internet is not secure.
WR Hambrecht + Co (WRH+Co) does not accept time sensitive, action-oriented
messages or transaction orders, including orders to purchase or sell
securities, via email.

WRH+Co reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages
sent to or from this email address. Messages sent to or from this email
address may be stored on the WRH+Co email system.