Re: [Exim] setting up SMTP AUTH using virtual passwd files

Author: Alexander Sabourenkov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] setting up SMTP AUTH using virtual passwd files
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Does anyone have any examples of setting up SMTP AUTH using different
> passwd files based on username?

That was done with sasl-pwcheck authentication (which I've got patch for).

But it required heavy and ugly patches to the pwcheck daemon, which
would've been even more ugly and heavy if we haven't got chrooted enviroment
(/etc/master.passwd, homedir, /var/mail and /var/log dir) for each virtual domain.

If your setup does not use chroot, I think you'd be better off with storing
passwords in site-wide database, be it mysql or dbm.

./lxnt