[Exim] Authenticating Outbound email from MS Outlook.

Author: Dennis Pinckard
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Authenticating Outbound email from MS Outlook.
I've succeeded in getting Exim 4.02 compiled and running so that it
advertises SMTP AUTH. Now I need help configuring the authentication
section to correctly authenticate MS Outlook users.

For my inbound/IMAP/POP3 mail server I am using Bynari's Mail Server
(free version) which stores user info in a custom LDAP repository. For
my outbound server, I have exim 4.02 with PAM, LDAP, plaintext,
cram_md5, and SPA compiled in. Both servers are running RedHat 7.2

What is the best method of authenticating users that are temporarily out
of the office? In the office, they are authenticated by their IP
address, but on dial-up I need to authenticate via user ID and password.

I noticed that 4.02 has support for SPA, but haven't been able to find
much in the way of documentation on how to set it up.

I'd like to use a non-plaintext authentication scheme, such as cram_md5.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, Bynari stores passwords in cleartext in
the ldap server.

I haven't been able to find any examples of performing a lookup in LDAP
for authentication purposes. C008 and C036 are the closest I've found
in the config samples.

The ldap server stores info like this:

c=us                    #
  o=example             # Company name
    cn=Users Fullname        # First and Last name of user
       uname=userid        # Users e-mail ID
       userpassword=password    # Users password in plaintext

Can someone help me with the server_secret line for the cram_md5 auth
driver, or even a plaintext one to get started?

Thanks