[Exim] mysql query question

Author: Bo Mellberg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] mysql query question
Hi!

I'm trying to build a site for a choir where one should be able to
send mail to different groups of the members.

For instance, sending a mail to sopranos@??? should
forward the mail to all sopranos.

I have the members in a mySql database with their complete
email addresses. Then there is a lot of other tables in the dB,
describing the groups. Table "sopranos" contains pointers
(primary keys) to entries in table "members".

So I need a function that does the following:

1. strip the string before the "@" in the mail address and
use it for the first lookup (in table "sopranos").

2. use the result of the first lookup to lookup the mail addresses
in table "members".

3. send the mail to all the resulting addresses.

I'm messing around with the alias director now. Is that a possible solution?

Best regards,

/Bo Mellberg