Re: [Exim] verify = recipient times out and logs an error fr…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joachim Wieland
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] verify = recipient times out and logs an error from the router before
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Joachim Wieland wrote:

> Is this a misconfiguration or does exim (4.02) display the wrong error
> message?

Exim 4.02 displays the wrong error message. Exim 4.03 will be better.

> Down here I get the right message "host lookup did not complete". I
> think the "451 Temporary local problem - please try later" message is
> because of the PGSQL error, yet there is no local problem, it's a remote
> problem...

The phrase "temporary local problem" is supposed to say to the client
host "there's a temporary problem and its *my* problem, not yours". In
that sense, it is "local" to the server Exim. It's hard to choose
wording that is brief and covers all possible cases.

Thanks for the report.
Philip