[Exim] verify = recipient times out and logs an error from t…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Joachim Wieland
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] verify = recipient times out and logs an error from the router before
Hi,

I've set verify = recipient and get the following:

mail from: <joe@???>
250 OK
rcpt to: <someone@???>
451 Temporary local problem - please try later

The logfile shows:

2002-04-13 14:23:13 H=... F=<joe@???> temporarily rejected RCPT
<someone@???>: PGSQL: no data found

The failure is not the problem (works with /defer_ok), what stuns me is
the "PGSQL: no data found" message.

Is this a misconfiguration or does exim (4.02) display the wrong error
message?

Here are the last lines from an "exim -d -bt someone@???":

[... lookup for a relay host for this domain failed - "no data found" is
correct ...]
PGSQL: no data found
lookup failed
drinkordie.com in "pgsql;select domain from tbldomains where nexthop is not null
smtproutes router skipped: domains mismatch
--------> dnslookup router <--------
local_part=someone domain=drinkordie.com
checking domains
drinkordie.com in "! LOCAL_DOMAINS"? yes (end of list)
calling dnslookup router
dnslookup router called for someone@???
domain = drinkordie.com

[-------- paused here for a while ----------]

DNS lookup of drinkordie.com (MX) gave TRY_AGAIN
drinkordie.com in dns_again_means_nonexist? no (option unset)
returning DNS_AGAIN
dnslookup router: defer for someone@???
message: host lookup did not complete
search_tidyup called

Down here I get the right message "host lookup did not complete". I
think the "451 Temporary local problem - please try later" message is
because of the PGSQL error, yet there is no local problem, it's a remote
problem...
I think exim logs the error of the previous router that failed...

Any hints?

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
Strong Cipher (n.): Cipher devised by oneself.