Re: [Exim] closed connection after STARTTLS errors

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Mark Lehrer
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] closed connection after STARTTLS errors
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Mark Lehrer wrote:

> Suddenly I am starting to get this message a lot and it's causing
> massive problems, what can cause it?
>
> We have two mail servers here, the new exim server and the "legacy"
> CommuniGate server. Users who are still configured to use IMAP on
> CommuniGate have an alias forwarding their mail to the old domain.
> Unfortunately, whenever exim tries to forward a message, it gets
> the error "closed connection after STARTTLS errors" and the message
> is frozen.

this is because the remote side announces that it can do tls, your
exim has it compiled, so it tries it, but the remote server can't do
it afterall, and closes the connection. this is a known and annoying
problem with lotus domino, can we put communigate on this list too ?
i suspect this could be the problem here too

> If I force the message with exim -M, it gives the same error message
> but it is delivered. Any idea what could be causing this problem? I

strange. could i see a debug session log how it's done ? cause we
couldn't get exim to deliver it to dominos under no circumstances

> tried commenting the tls* lines out of /usr/exim/configure, but the
> problem persists. I'm starting to dig around in the exim source.

you will need to recomple exim w/o tls support, this is the only way
out (talking exim3, not knowingg exim4)

--
[-]