RE: [Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dennis Pinckard
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Καινούρια Θέματα: [Exim] [OT] Fighting spam from postmastergeneral.com
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Need help setting up SMTP AUTH
Thanks John.

This is a fresh install of Exim 4.02, there was no version 3 to convert
from. Bynari's
version of Exim is 3.33(?) so I've spent about a week trying to get that
to support smtp
auth before deciding to just have an outbound mail server. That's
probably how I got
confused.

I'd found references to setting up smtp auth using the list archives and
google.
The references didn't indicate which version was applicable.

Most of the stuff I found said that if the authentication wasn't
compiled in, exim wouldn't
support those options. I was seeing it as something wrong with the
compile.

I did see that version 4 has an auth_advertise_hosts option that must be
enabled.

I set it to '*' in the configure file and tried the AUTH command again,
but still no
authentication.

I will admit that at this point, I haven't actually tried to
authenticate from a mail
client. I was attempting to get the server to show that it supports
authentication
first.

What are the minimum settings to get Exim 4.02 to support SMTP AUTH?