[Exim] Exim 3.35 says EHLO twice

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Patrik Andreasen
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Exim 3.35 says EHLO twice
--
I've run into a problem using a smarthost to deliver mail:

When exim (3.35) sends a message to a particular host I get the
following error message back:

  margareta.rooth@???
    SMTP error from remote mailer after EHLO sense.botong.org:
    host mail.vansterpartiet.se [195.100.208.196]:
    503 Already said EHLO

This only happens with messages that are sent from my laptop via
smarthost (both the laptop and the server run 3.35 as packaged by
debian) and to this particular mail host (running something called
FirstClass ESMTP Mail Server v5.50). If I send the mail directly
from the server it works.

I've looked at tcpdumps from the mail sessions, and exim really does
say EHLO twice when delivering mail from the laptop but not when
delivering locally generated mail.

I'm stumped, and would appreciate any help. Is my mailer or the the
recieving mailer that's broken? How can I fix mine if the problem is
on my side?

tia/Patrik

(I've attached tcpdumps from a successfull and an unsuccessfull
delivery attempt. The successfull one is when mail is sent from the
server, the unsuccessfull when mail is sent from the laptop via the server)
--
[ Content of type application/octet-stream deleted ]