Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Survey

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Mike Richardson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Paul Walsh
Υ/ο: Exim Users (E-mail)
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Survey
> Not very conclusive, I know, but at least it shows the popularity of Exim!
> :) We have RBL set to reject but have found that a number of spam messages
> still get through. We first tried using filters but the Exim system filter
> file became a bit unwieldy, hence investigating SA.

I'm relatively new to SA but what I'd like to be able to do is to
handle differently scored SA messages differently. e.g If a message
scores < 5 then its not spam, if it scores >5 then its spam but if
< 10 then still deliver it (with the appropriate X headers). If > 10
then don't deliver (filter to another file), and if > 20 then /dev/null
it.

I've got a filter which can do something like this but it can only
sensibly work on the whole number part of the score. Exim filters
don't seem to handle reals.

Anyone know of software, or a methodology, which can do the above
more sensibly?

Additionally can anyone give a rough idea of how much of a performance
hit SA has over unfiltered email or mail sent via a Exiscan/Sophos antivirus
combo? Just trying to get an idea of how scalable it is, and what
resources would be required for, say, 500K messages per day.

Thanks

Mike
--
-----Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival.------
Copyright 2002       Mike Richardson, Room G98, Manchester Computing