It worked with 'no_verify' (Re: [Exim] unable to set gid or …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Norihisa Washitake
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [Exim] unable to set gid or uid
Asunto: It worked with 'no_verify' (Re: [Exim] unable to set gid or uid)
Hi Philip,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:33:26, Philip Hazel wrote:
> I don't understand what you are actually trying to achieve by this
> split. It doesn't seem to gain you anything. But I don't think it is the
> cause of the problem.

Ok, forget it.
I just wanted to see if setuid bit really works.

> > system_aliases:
> > driver = redirect
> > allow_fail
> > allow_defer
> > domains = chimons.org:
> > data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> > user = fml
> > group = mail
> > file_transport = address_file
> > pipe_transport = address_pipe
>
> What are the contents of /etc/aliases? Are there any :include: entries?
> If there are, Exim will try to change uid/gid in order to read the
> included files. It cannot do this while it is receiving a message,
> because it is running as exim, not as root.

Ah, yes, exim is trying to change uid/gid while receiving
in order to read the include file.

I added 'no_verify' to this router, now it finally works
fine! (at least it seems so)

Thank you for bothering.
Regards,
--