Re: [Exim] Questions using transport filter

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Tassonis
A: Patrice Fournier
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Questions using transport filter
Hi Patrice

Thanks a lot for your quich reply. But I have some open questions:

> > - If no, is there another way to call an external progam for all
> > outgoing mail deliveries?
>
> Exim 4. :)
>
> If you can't upgrade, you can use a router like:
>
> encrypt_router:
> condition = "${if eq {$received_protocol}{encrypted} {0}{1}}"
> driver = domainlist
> route_list = "*"
> transport = encrypt_transport
> errors_to = postmaster
>
> and set an encrypt_transport according to your need (see the pipe
> driver). The command you will call in that transport will need to pass
> the message back to exim with protocol encrypted (-oMr encrypted).
> Search for amavis and/or SpamAssassin for examples of such setups (I'm
> not sure there are routers examples for SpamAssassin but there are for
> amavis).

I'm not sure if I understand this right. When will this condition be
matched? I have to call my programm for every outgoing mail there is. It's
not clear to me who sets the value for $received_protocol to encrypted and
under what circumstances. If it is set if the mail is sent/received using
TLS, this would be the wrong approach.

On a second note: if it makes it easier I might also switch to Exim 4. I
checked the online documentation, but didn't find anything appropriate
there as well. Can you give me a hint how it is done in exim 4 and what to
look for in the documentation?

Thank you

Tim