Re: [Exim] Mailing lists with a twist

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Florian Weimer
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Mailing lists with a twist
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 19:20, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >> 2. Each message sent to a subscriber needs to carry a unique envelope
> >>    and header From address.

> > The envelope could be handled using VERP - see the VERP section in the
> > online documentation.
>
> Ah, I see, thanks. However, I'm not sure if VERP is the answer. VERP
> traditionally includes the whole recipient address in the From
> address, and I don't want to do this, at least not for the header
> address.

You may not be strictly VERPing (although it looks to me as though you
are well within the range of VERP handling), but the VERP support in the
SMTP transports looks very likely to give you an appropriate mechanism
to achieve your aims.

Personally I would keep the list expansion outside exim, and pass in a
number of SMTP messages using your base list from address and a list of
up to 100 recipients. The from/From: mangling would be handled by the
outgoing transport.

    Nigel.