Re: [Exim] Mailing lists with a twist

Author: Florian Weimer
woods@??? (Greg A. Woods) writes:

> I don't understand what this has to do with the MTA. You're talking
> about sending thousands of unique messages (regardless of what their
> content is or how similar it might be). You either submit them via SMTP
> (probably best with most popular MTAs), or you submit them with a
> command-line interface (eg. "sendmail -f$SENDER $RECIPIENT"). This will
> be the same regardless of which MTA you use, though each may have
> slightly different advantages and disadvantages performance-wise.

I fear that I might generate the messages much faster than they are
sent out by the MTA, and they are unnecessarily stored in the queue
(when it would have been better to delay the message generation a
bit).

--
Florian Weimer                       Weimer@???
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/