Re: [Exim] Hi. Open relay response...

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Hi. Open relay response...
On 05 April 2002, Derrick said:
> One of the company's we work with has a mail server that is black listed,
> and their admins think it's because we black listed them so we should
> remove them.. Does anyone have some info that I can point that at that
> explains why open relays are bad, and maybe can reach out over the net and
> slap those Windows admins upside the head?

<sarcasm level="extreme">
In the last couple of years, a very interesting technology called "the
World-Wide Web" has gained a lot of popularity. You can find all
sort of neat information using so-called "web search engines", such as
www.google.com.
</sarcasm>

For instance, if you go to www.google.com and enter the search term
"open relay", you might find: