Re: [Exim] Need to show email coming from separate IP addres…

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need to show email coming from separate IP address
On 04 April 2002, Davin Overland said:
> We resell server space to web hosting companies. One of the nice
> features is that we give them their own IP addresses so they can
> remain annonymous. Up until now, we have just been sending all email
> through the server's IP address - which works fine. Some users have
> requested that we find a way to send email through their own IP's
> (they would like our company to remain as transparent as possible).
> We have many IP addresses assigned to each server - so there are lots
> to work with. I would like it to appear that all outgoing email goes
> through each reseller's IP address (or at least their domain name).

[please wrap your text to < 72 columns]

Sounds like you need to look at the 'interfaces' option to the smtp
transport. Hmmm, looks like it's not expanded, so you might need to add
a router/transport for every domain (client) that wants this feature.

Looks like this option is expanded in Exim 4, so you could do a lookup
in the transport for outgoing mail.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???