Re: [Exim] freeze_exec_fail not working in Exim 4.02

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Langer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] freeze_exec_fail not working in Exim 4.02
On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Marc Langer wrote:

> using this transport:
>
> address_pipe:
> driver = pipe
> freeze_exec_fail
>
> any error produced by the pipe command is still bounced back to the
> sender.
>
> Do I use it in the wrong manner or didn't you implement this option
> yet in Exim 4? :-)

It hasn't changed from Exim 3. It freezes the message if the exec fails,
i.e. if it can't run the command. It doesn't mean "freeze if the
command gives a failure code".

The only options for controlling what happens when the command gives a
non-zero return are ignore_status and temp_errors.

You can also use errors_to on the router to redirect the bounces
somewhere else.