[Exim-Announce] Re: [Exim] Exim 3.36 maintenance release

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John W Baxter
CC: exim-users, exim-announce
Subject: [Exim-Announce] Re: [Exim] Exim 3.36 maintenance release
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, John W Baxter wrote:

> What pain is caused by reverting to an older Exim 3.3x when one of the
> problem -H files is in the spool? If it leads to deferral I can ignore the
> problem until it happens--I don't think it will...if it leads to message
> failure, I shouldn't.

It leads to deferral. Exim 3 reports a spool format error. When you
eventually go back to 4.x the message can be delivered.

(I'm right in the midst of moving to 4.02...a pair

You're OK if you go to 4.02. Exim 3.35 already has code to handle 4.02
spool files of this type. However, I've had to make a change for the
next release in order to fix a bug. So 4.03 will be different, and the
change for 3.36 was to cope with those files.