[Exim] Need to show email coming from separate IP address

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Davin Overland
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Need to show email coming from separate IP address
Hopefully this makes sense. I'll explain what I need to do and maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. I'm not really clear on what I'm asking but I'll give it a shot.

Exim Version 3.35

We resell server space to web hosting companies. One of the nice features is that we give them their own IP addresses so they can remain annonymous. Up until now, we have just been sending all email through the server's IP address - which works fine. Some users have requested that we find a way to send email through their own IP's (they would like our company to remain as transparent as possible). We have many IP addresses assigned to each server - so there are lots to work with. I would like it to appear that all outgoing email goes through each reseller's IP address (or at least their domain name).

We have a "localdomains" file which lists all of the local domains on the server.

Is there a way I can do some scripting, or something like that, to modify "where" the email comes from?

In case it isn't clear enough, I'll illustrate with an example from the headers:
          by OUR.ANONYMOUS.SERVER with asmtp (TLSv1:RC4-MD5:128) (Exim 3.35 #1)
          id 16tHW3-0008OW-00 for destination@???; Thu, 04 Apr 2002 19:23:44 -0500

Hopefully you see what I mean here. We'd like OUR.ANONYMOUS.SERVER to not appear in the headers _but_ to have their domain name in there instead.

If I've missed where to do this, please just point me in the right direction. If this is impossible - I'd like to know that too. This probably breaks an RFC somewhere....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Davin Overland