[Exim] Inspecting headers in DATA ACL

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Inspecting headers in DATA ACL
Is it possible to look at message headers in the DATA ACL? I would like
to flat-out reject any message with 8-bit characters in "To", "From", or
"Subject", simply because it would save SpamAssassin the bother of
catching that spam for me, and it would greatly reduce the amount of
caught spam we have to scan for false positives.

Already tried this:

  acl_smtp_data = check_message
  [...]
  check_message:
    deny    condition = ${if eq {$h_subject:}{REJECTME} {yes}{no}}
            message = well, you ASKED to be rejected!
    accept

...to no avail. If that had worked, I would have changed it to a regex
looking for 8-bit characters, but it didn't, so I'm stumped. Is this
even possible?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???