[Exim] OT: percentage of bounces in a well-maintained list

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] OT: percentage of bounces in a well-maintained list
Sorry for the off-topic post but I've been searching google for a while now
without any luck.

Once upon a time I thought I saw some stats that said that in a large
well-maintained mailing list of fairly diverse subscribers from around
the net, you'd see x% of subscribers bounce over y time period due to normal
things like accounts being closed, etc. IIRC "x" was 2-3% and "y" was 1 month.
Unfortunately I can't seem to find any references to these or any numbers
backing that up. Since the mail clue on this list is fairly high, I was
wondering if anyone knew of any source that suggested what those numbers
actually are?

I'd even be happy with numbers from any of the various large mailing lists
out there like bugtraq, inet-access, etc if anyone happens to know them?

Thanks in advance...

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality