Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 TLS support

Author: Tamas TEVESZ
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 TLS support
On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Oh my god, the thing actually highjacks outoing SMTP to 25, poses as an SMTP
> server and relays to the server you were trying to connect to?

which wouldn't even be a problem if it did properly (eg, say, removing
"starttls" from the server response, or whatnot. or, even nicer,
really telling you it's a proxy, and it's nav you're talking to, not
exim).

this kind of behaviour makes it identically "useful" to pix... (btw,
nav pop/smtp scanner is easy to notice, it changes the incoming server
[in outlook's mailbox prefs, or how's it called) to
"127.0.0.1/something" (and i spose it does something similar for
outgoing server too). if you see something like this, tell your user
to contact the antivirus software vendor instead of you ;)

> Excuse me while I go puke

me too. norton-marked products' quality has gone into unbelievable
depths in the last couple of years.

--
[-]