Re: [Exim] Problems installing SpamAssassin with exim

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Greg Webster
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problems installing SpamAssassin with exim
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 09:13:57PM -0800, Greg Webster wrote:
> to ~greg/.forward:
> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #greg"
> (also tried it without the quotes. /usr/bin/procmail exists)

Since you are using exim, you should use the exim procmail director and
avoid this monstruosity :-)

> and to .procmailrc:
> :0fw
> | /usr/bin/spamassassin -P -c /home/greg/.spamassassin/rules
> (both locations exist and have correct permissions...I copied the rules
> directory from /root/.cpan/build/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.11/rules)
>
> ...with these in place, all mail I send to myself or is coming in from the
> internet gets stuck in the incoming mail queue (visible from
> /usr/exim/bin/exim -bp).

1) you are not telling us what the errors are (why are the messages held)?

2) Did you go through the SA tests in the README? Does it work from the
command line?

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key