Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 TLS support

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: James P. Roberts
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 TLS support
On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 05:35:09PM -0500,
James P. Roberts <punster@???> is thought to have said:

> problem. (I do have Norton scanning all incoming and outgoing emails...)
> hmm... but why is it happening from both OE and from telnet in a DOS box?
> hmmm... curiouser and curiouser...

Because Norton is just watching traffic destined for port 25. It doesn't
matter if it's a MUA or your telnet that's generating it.

> At least the problem is not with my server. As usual, the problem is probably
> with Microsoft not obeying standards.

Well Norton anyway. But then I guess it might be hard to do virus scanning
of an encrypted connection.

> I will disable Norton and see if that helps.

It will. Others have reported the same problem in comp.unix.sendmail

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality