[Exim] IPv6 addresse in lists when IPv6 not compiled in

Author: Patrice Fournier
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] IPv6 addresse in lists when IPv6 not compiled in
>>> sender host name required, to match against ::1

Would there be a possibility for Exim to recognize those as IP addresses
even when IPv6 is not compiled in and maybe only warn in the logs that
such an address is found instead of requiring host name (which won't ever
match up to an IPv6 address anyway).

Also, I was looking at the default chars blocked by the acl in the default
config file and found out the '/' is in it. I see it regularly in emails
that go through an X.400 gateway (ok, all to the same bank) and I expect
this many X.400 gateway to use this in their email address... this may
cause trouble sending outbound mail if you left it there... maybe it
should be checked only for local domains or are there so few of those
setup out there?

--
Patrice Fournier
pfournier@???