Re: [Exim] Current spamassassin config doesn't do it

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Current spamassassin config doesn't do it
I've based my SA config on what other people posted here, but there is a
serious problem: it looses the envelope sender and substitutes
postmaster@mysite

I can't believe that other people are running like this too, it causes
bounces to go to you instead of the original sender.

Here's my config again, did I miss something?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 09:35:28AM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> I put my procmail director first, and have SA in /etc/procmailrc as
> described in the documentation
> While I don't know how to write:
>
> # This director runs procmail for users who have a .procmailrc file
> procmail:
> driver = localuser
> transport = procmail_pipe
> require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
> or
> require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.spamassassin/user_prefs::+/usr/bin/procmail
> no_verify
>
> I can write two directors, one that tests for each file, but if I can have
> only one, that'd be even better.
>
> The trick is to then have the general spamcheck director after that, calling
> this transport:
> spamcheck:
>     driver = pipe
>     command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
>     transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -p 784
>     bsmtp = all
>     (...)

> I do have to call spamc on with a different port because the procmail spamd
> has to run with -F 1, and the transport spamd with -F 0
>
> Now, my "only" problem is that messages that do go through the spamcheck
> director lose the original envelope sender. That's very bad as far as I'm
> concerned.
> I don't know if there is a way to fix this using BSMTP

So that's using the config from this list.

Then, I tried an older version;

> As an alternate  method, I tried to adapt an  earlier receipe (sp???) posted
> here:
>  original envelope sender.
> # Spam Assassin
> spamcheck:
>     driver = pipe
>     command = "/usr/sbin/exim -i -oMr spam-scanned -f ${if {eq {${sender_address}}{}} {mailer-daemon} {${sender_address}} } -- ${local_part}"
>     transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -p 784
>     home_directory = "/etc/mail/spamassassin"
>     current_directory = "/etc/mail/spamassassin"
>     # must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
>     user = mail
>     group = mail
>     log_output = true
>     return_fail_output = true

> but I'm definitely not good with exim syntax:
> LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
> == marc@??? T=spamcheck defer (0): Expansion of "${if" from command "/usr/sbin/exim -i -oMr spam-scanned -f ${if {eq {${sender_address}}{}} {mailer-daemon} {${sender_address}} } -- ${local_part}" in spamcheck transport failed: condition name expected, but found ""

Any clue or hint that would let me make either one work?

Thanks
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key