Re: [Exim] Newbie Question - setting up exim on a box to ser…

Author: dman
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Newbie Question - setting up exim on a box to serve a domain
On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 11:57:07AM +0000, Sean Rima wrote:

| Now need to stress test it as both are p90 boxes :)

How much memory? The clock speed will be significant for running SA's
regexes, but I believe that memory is a bigger bottleneck. It's lack
of memory that killed my old box when I started exim on it. Be sure
to set the deliver_queue_load_max option! (I hadn't) Setting it will
make exim restrain itself from destroying your system. (my primary
host ended up with a load average of 30 one time due to various things
I did with it!)

-D

--

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!