Re: [Exim] Newbie Question - setting up exim on a box to ser…

Página Inicial
Autor: Sean Rima
Para: Exim Users List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Newbie Question - setting up exim on a box to serve a domain
Hi Tony!

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> > Well I have managed to get exim setup, installed and accept mail. Using
> > exiscan all mail is now scanned but for the life of me I cannot get
> > SpamAssassin to work. Basically the setup is:
>
> > fetchmail --> bsod.tcob1.net (virus scanned and hopefully Spamassassin) -->
> > tcob1.net Has anyone done anything similar
>
> What do you mean by Exim? 3 or 4?
>
> I don't have problems with Spamassassin 2.2 on Exim 4. It's bleeding
> marvelous. I'm basically doing what you want, though on a single machine
> using Exim and non-auth pop3.
>
> dman has done both 3 and 4 - and given accounts (as have I) and Nigel
> Metheringham has published an (incomplete) router/director and a
> transport for Exim 3 in this group, based on dman's solution.
>
> All this happened this month.
>
> What have you done up to now, and what doesn't work?

It turned out that I had made an error in my setup and this was causing all
the problems. I had my spamcheck.pl setup wrong. I am removing the
razor-check as I am getting to many false hits with it atm but this is being
discussed on the razor list.

I now have exim (4) storing all mail for certain users on bsod and
automatically forwarding the mail for two users direct to the tcob1 box :).
Now need to stress test it as both are p90 boxes :)

Sean

- --
  Sean Rima                                http://www.tcob1.net
  Linux User:      231986          Jabber:   tcobone@???
  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED HERE ARE NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF MY WIFE.