Re: [Exim] MySQL + "failed to find host name from IP address…

Página Inicial
Autor: J Yunke
Para: Torsten Mueller
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] MySQL + "failed to find host name from IP address"
After reading through source code and some posts, I found that using:

net-mysql;

...instead of:

mysql;

...fixed the problem.

It'll be interesting to see if someone else picks up the same answer.

Thanks for offering that, though :)

-- Justin

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Torsten Mueller wrote:

> Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:34:07 +0100
> From: Torsten Mueller <torsten@???>
> To: J Yunke <yunke@???>
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [Exim] MySQL + "failed to find host name from IP address"
>
> Hey,
>
> in the archive i found:
>
> exim -bh 217.106.231.250
>
> to find out, on which point it is necessary to make a hostlookup.
>
> ... my 2 cents
>
> Greetings Torsten
>
> J Yunke schrieb:

> > I get the pesky 'failed to find host name from IP address' message even
> > when the IP is in the database, IF AND ONLY IF the ISP doesn't have
> > reverse IP on the IP address. Else, it works fine.
> >
> > The only recommendation I could find was in Q0029 (attached below) which
> > says to list IPs first. Fair enough...except the /etc/exim/hosts_allow
> > contains ONLY IP ADDRESSES and the MySQL database query either returns the
> > IP ADDRESS or no records, so there is never a host name involved.

-- Justin

Justin Yunke                         + yunke@???
PC/Unix Network Administrator        + http://www.productivity.org/