Re: [Exim] Yet another "failed to open DB file" question

Top Pagina
Auteur: dman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Yet another "failed to open DB file" question
On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 06:33:20PM +0100, Fabio Panigatti wrote:

| redhat rpm package on Mandrake 8.1,

bad, bad.

Try building exim with the libraries that you have on mandrake, or
findng a mandrake package.

Don't try to mix-n-match binaries meant for other systems.

| The suspect log entry is the same I found on many other posts:

| [....] failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp: \
|                 Permission denied (euid=8 egid=12)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dbm library problem with what you
have. I saw these error messages on one system (the zombie one) after
I moved it to exim4. I fixed those errors on my primary MX were
caused by dbm library incompatibilities.

| The same redhat package whith the same exim.conf was running until 2
| weeks ago on redhat 6.2 without any problem.

The binary was made using libraries on a rh box. When the
dependencies on the package say they need a certain name and version,
it means the package with that name and version it was compiled
against. That's the problem with so many rpm-based distros -- the
packages don't work on other distros.

Oh, yeah, that "Failed ... Sucess" message I got is a bug in libdb3.
It was discussed on another list (where dbm is also used) and someone
tracked it down to libdb3.

HTH,
-D

--

"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981