Re: [Exim] Two local_scan functions - request for comments.

Autor: Łukasz Grochal
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Two local_scan functions - request for comments.
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> writes:

> You mean for the local_scan() function? Yes, that is a possibility that
> I should have thought about. I'll add it to the Wish List.

You mean forcing reply to be temporary error regardless of what
local_scan() really returns? I honestly don't see a reason for doing
that. It should be responsibility of the person who writes the
local_scan() function to ensure that it will finish in a reasonable
time and decide, if there should be 2xx, 4xx or 5xx if it doesn't.

That however reminds me of what I miss the most in the local_scan API
- configurability. For now, the only way I see to pass configuration
parameters (let alone debug level) to the local_scan() is to make it
use its own configuration file. That means two configs - one for exim
and a separate one for a function compiled in it. I wonder if it would
be possible to somehow register some custom configuration variables
(name, type perhaps, and default value) that one would then put into
the main section of exim config and to refer to them somehow during
runtime. That would make writing a customizable virus scanners based
on local_scan() much easier.

Regards,

--
(-) Łukasz Grochal                                  lukie@???