Re: [Exim] large ldap queries, and strange errors

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Lawrence Walton
To: Peter A. Savitch
CC: exim, lindell.alderman
Betreff: Re: [Exim] large ldap queries, and strange errors
Peter A. Savitch [spam4octan@???] wrote:
> Hello Lawrence,
>
> Wednesday, March 27, 2002, 11:53:04 PM, you wrote:
>
> [...]
> LW> it tries to deliver again and succeeds to a point, and fails with a different error
> [...]
> LW> exim: /home/wichert/ldap/openldap2-2.0.23/libraries/libldap/error.c:221: ldap_parse_result: Assertion `r != ((void *)0)' failed.
> LW> LOG: 0 MAIN PANIC
> LW> queue run: process 5526 crashed with signal 6 while delivering 16qCT2-0001OR-00
> LW> set_process_info: 5524 running queue: waiting for children of 5526
> [...]
> LW> Does anyone have a idea?
>

> See exim-users list, message dated 2002-03-22, "Exim 3.34 assertion
> failure--LDAP related". This issue must be fixed in Exim 4.02.
>
> The "debug string overflowed buffer" MAY be due to debugging output
> is on. But I'm not sure.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Peter                            mailto:spam4octan@highway.ru

Thanks peter! So at this point at least someone else has seen like errors, after
reading through the messages, I have two points, his problems seem to be un-reproducible,
or at least random. This error is reproducible, and consistent. :<

One of the points made was, that exim 4 might be the solution, I am not sure if that is a
solution I am willing to take, but I will investigate what it will take to move to version four..

--
*--* Mail: lawrence@???
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247