Re: [Exim] EXIM and PROCMAIL

Author: Drav Sloan
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM and PROCMAIL
Jim Knoble wrote:
> You might wish this to be:
>      command = "/usr/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}"

This has not been an issue for me, and I have ran it like this for a
couple of years now.

> You'll also want at least:
>
>      return_fail_output = false
>      return_output = false

Umm this seems to be missing from the 3.x specification, whats it
meant to do, stop any bounces? Isn't that a bit facist?

I've not seen or had any issues with the setup I passed to the list.

> and potentially also:
>
>      # Add useful headers
>      delivery_date_add = true
>      envelope_to_add = true

>      # Keep someone's broken procmailrc from filling up your logs
>      log_defer_output = false
>      log_fail_output = false
>      log_output = false

And never know that anything is broke...

>      # Keep procmail from making group- or world-writeable files
>      umask = 0022

>      # Use this only if you have group-writeable mailboxes;
>      # for mailboxes in a sticky directory, remove it.
>      group = mail

Only if that user so chooses to have all this addition gumpph. :-)

D.

--
    David Sloan - Senior Mail and News Systems Admin - Platform Management
  Tel: +44 845 272 0666    Fax: +44 20 8371 1167    Email: dsloan@???