Re: [Exim] Spam Assassin.

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam Assassin.
On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 03:58:21PM -0500, Greg Ward wrote:

You said a while ago:
>   # Mail for any local-part listed in /etc/exim/spamcheck_users is
>   # piped through my spamcheck script, which uses SpamAssassin to
>   # assess spamminess and routes messages accordingly.
>   spamcheck:
>     driver = smartuser
>     transport = spamcheck

>     # Translated, this reads:
>     #   if !(defined X-Spam-Flag) and
>     #      !($received_protocol eq "spamc") then
>     #      run this director
>     condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} \
>                             {!eq {$received_protocol}{spamc}} } \
>                       {1}{0}}"
>     local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim/spamcheck_users
>     user = ${lookup{$local_part} lsearch {/etc/exim/spamcheck_users} {$value}}
>     group = mail

>     # No point sending mail back to the spammer, or a legit sender,
>     # if my spamcheck script dies.
>     errors_to = postmaster

> /etc/exim/spamcheck_users just maps local parts to usernames; it
> determines 1) which local parts have their mail spam-scanned, and 2)
> which Unix user spamc runs as to do the scanning. This is necessary
> because the spamcheck director is first, before system_aliases, so we
> don't yet "know" that local parts 'greg' and 'gward' both refer to the
> Unix user 'gward'.

So, if I were to put my system_aliases before this director, would it work
without me needing to have a mapping of all the possible local_parts to a
uid?

To make sure I understand, if I put system_aliases first, it will cause
aliases that deliver to a program not to be scanned, I can live with that.
Aliases like this one:
marc: mmerlin
mmerlin: merlin
would cause local_part to become merlin, which is my login, and wouldn't
your transport then run with user being correctly set to merlin?

Thanks,
Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key