Re: [Exim] rewrite

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim users
CC: Chris Grigor
Subject: Re: [Exim] rewrite
--
ons, 2002-03-27 kl. 10:48 skrev Chris Grigor:

> I am running a various doamins on this box, for local addresses I use the
> /etc/alias file.
> Im not to sure as to what I should be using for virtualdomins so that I have
> the opiton of forwarding the address...

> The purpose was if mail arrives for a user@??? is hsould
> forward it to another address not hosted on the same box

Normally, your mileage will be _far_ greater if you reply to the list,
not to me (or others) directly. I don't mind private mile at all, but in
principle if you write originally to a list or a newsgroup, others will
be interested in any answers.

Firstly i have to say that I've never had to use virtual domains, so I
don't have first-hand experience. Secondly, that I've become very good
at reading Exim specs and finding things there.

In the docs for Exim, both 3.3+ and 4+, there's a doc called spec.txt.
It can be loaded into a browser or text editor, then you can search it.
To my mind, it's better than all the other doc formats put together.

Virtual domains for Exim 3.3+ is covered _fully_ in the spec.txt chapter
43. For 4+ it's covered in 41.6. I'd suggest that you read whichever of
these applies to your version, then come back if the docs don't work for
you.

Success!

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981