Re: [Exim] Exim 4 - How much pain?

Góra strony
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 - How much pain?
--
tir, 2002-03-26 kl. 19:37 skrev Marc Perkel:

> I have a reasonably comples exim.config file and a very complex filter
> file running Exim 3. For those of you who have a similar setup - I was
> wondering about how much pain is involved in upgrading to Exim 4.

> Is this a major serious painfull upgrade - or does the converter program
> actually work pretty good. What I'm wondering is - is this a long
> painful process or a pretty much just works process?

Excuse me for wondering. I trust Exim and its creator. I had no
hesitation in saying: "I can make a test setup with Exim 4 and try it".
Next to my Exim 3. Which I did.

I certainly wouldn't go back to 3.

Pain? A cat that normally comes through the window and eats with my own
6 cats suddenly bit me, yesterday. It never did that while I was running
Exim 3. It hurt; hurt my pride as well. Judge for yourself :c)

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981