Re: [Exim] rejecting mail for user on a given domain

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Roman Milner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rejecting mail for user on a given domain
On 2002-03-26 at 08:56 -0600, Roman Milner wrote:
> Hello. I have exim answering mail for two domains on a server (say
> foo.com and foo.org). I have a user for whom I want to reject mail on
> one domain and accept it on another. In other words everthing for
> user@??? should be rejected and everything for user@??? should
> be allowed.

[ snip one approach tried ]

> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Don't allow everything, and then try restricting.

Just restrict what you allow in the first place.

Instead of having a localuser Director which accepts for all domains,
put restrictions on it.

How do you organise which users are _allowed_ to accept in each domain?

Is it really just the one user? If it's really just that, then a
"condition" rule which says "if it's NOT this local_part at this
domain". If it's more than one user then this is not scalable, but
there are ways to restrict further. In Exim 3, see section 20 of the
Spec, several options there are of use. In Exim 4, this becomes section
14 of the Spec.
--
DES. (n. Abbr.):
Cryptographic algorithm with key size chosen so that it can be