Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 released

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 released
On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Kirill Miazine wrote:

> >From doc/ChangeLog
>
>  8. Give configuration error if "maildir_format" or "mailstore_format"
>     is specified for appendfile without specifying "directory".

> That made my configuration unusable. I use Exim filters to store my
> messages into Maildirs, so "directory" is obtained from the filterfile
> and now Exim gives configuration error because I don't set directory
> option on my address_dir transport.

Aarrgghh! That change was made at the suggestion of a user who had
tripped up and taken a long time to find the problem.

> address_dir:
>     driver = appendfile
>     return_path_add
>     envelope_to_add
>     delivery_date_add
>     maildir_format
>     create_directory
>     maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size
>     message_prefix =
>     message_suffix =

> What should I do?

1. Delete lines 328-334 in transports/appendfile.c.

OR

2. Add "directory = /" to the transport. It will be ignored.

For the next release, I'll move the new test from the initialization
stage to the point where it really matters.

Philip