Re: [Exim] Two local_scan functions - request for comments.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Patrick von der Hagen
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Two local_scan functions - request for comments.
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 06:39:04AM +0100, ?ukasz Grochal wrote:
[...]
>   2) It's possible that such scanning will introduce duplicate messages,
>      as described in RFC1047. <ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1047.txt>
>      I don't believe this is likely to happen unless - again - the
>      system is under high load and can't scan the messages fast enough.

Hmmm, I wonder....
First, this RFC advises to use a timeout of five minutes when waiting
for a 250-message. It should happen very rarely to hit such a timeout
with a reasonable local_scan-function. But of course, if there is a
high load and e. g. a virus-scanner is scanning a 30MB-mail, it may
happen.
But second, I'd expect exim to detect a timeout and react accordingly.
Since TCP is no stateless connection, the sending of a 250-message to
accept a mail should return an error-code. I'd be very surprised if
Phil did not check this error code.

--
CU,
Patrick.