Re: [Exim] RAV for Exim 4

Góra strony
Autor: Kirill Miazine
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] RAV for Exim 4
* Kirill Miazine <km-lists@???> [20020325 15:05]:
> Don't use RAV antivirus with Exim 4. It drops some recipient addresses,
> rewrites sender addresses and even changes (!) some recipient addresses.
>
> I was in contact with GeCAD support and they said that for Exim 4 a new
> version of RAV will be released:
>
> RAV Antivirus for Exim is tested on Exim 3.33. For Exim 4 will be
> released another version. Please use Exim 3.33 in order to get
> RAV working.

I solved the problem by installing qmail and letting it scan for viruses
and then pass messages on to Exim 4 which I have moved to another port.

I could of course install Exim 3, but I already have 4 different Exim 4
instances running on the machine. So adding something non-eximish was a
nice idea.

Worry less! RAV is watching. :-)

--
Kirill