Re: [Exim] local domains from mysql db

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] local domains from mysql db
On 2002-03-25 at 02:25 -0000, exim wrote:
> > "select domain_name from domains;" will return how many rows from this
> > little database?
> >
> > Hint: answer != 1
> </phill>
>
> True, but when you do "lsearch;/usr/exim/aliases/domains" the answer is also
> != 1 isn't it?

lsearch is completely internal to Exim. Exim knows how to construct the
query. Exim knows how to do "The Right Thing". It supplies an implicit
key for the search.

Mutating SQL queries to try to do The Right Thing is almost certainly
The Wrong Thing, The Frigging Stupid Thing, the I Just Spent How Many
Hours Debugging Something Which Was Silently Changed????? Thing, and
many others.

> I tried that ("mysql;select domain_name where domain_name = '$domain';") but
> that didn't work...

Where are you selecting from?
--
I can't come, I'm perming my poodle. -- bluemeat