Re: [Exim] Exim 4 build problem,

Author: dman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 build problem,
On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 12:56:09PM -0800, John Koenig wrote:

I can't help with the solution itself, but I can give some pointers.

[building exim 4.01 on SuSE SPARC]
| included from exim.h:316,
|                  from exim_dbmbuild.c:30:
| dbstuff.h:513: parse error before `DB'
| dbstuff.h:513: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
| dbstuff.h:515: parse error before `}'
| dbstuff.h:515: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

It looks like your DBM library headers are messed up. Find
"dbstuff.h" and look at line 513. Does it look like legal C? Be
careful with macro expansions.

Maybe you need to double-check the version of your dbm library and see
if it works with exim 4?

Just some suggestions on how to find a solution.

For myself, I had some difficulty including the postgresql support.
(I don't need it, but I wanted it available for playing with) My
problem was not specifying the necessary include dir. The error
messages were on par with these.

-D

--

A violent man entices his neighbor
and leads him down a path that is not good.