ot: mutt (was Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interf…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: dman
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat
Αντικείμενο: ot: mutt (was Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat)
On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 09:00:40AM +0100, Phil Pennock wrote:
| On 2002-03-23 at 23:09 -0800, Kevin Sindhu wrote:

[...]
| > Your Mail-Followup-To header is "Exim Users <exim-users@???>", so
| > a ^g^ reply in mutt sends mail to the list. I'd be happy to
| > change/take it off-list if you want.

| Uhm ... Mail-Followup-To is to say "I'm subscribed to this list, oh and
| that one, so a group reply only needs to go to these places here".

I thought that header was just for list-reply and that group-reply
would give the poster a cc even if he didn't want it.

| 'g' in mutt is for 'group' reply.

| If you haven't changed the bindings too much, try 'r', which should
| reply only to the poster (or Reply-To: if set).

Right.

| There's also 'L' for list-reply, to only include those addresses which
| you've configured as being for mailing-lists.

It also addresses the reply to people who have requested a copy in the
Mail-Followup-To header.

| </mua-mutt-101>

I am noticing, though, that several messsages have the list address as
the Reply-To:.  The solution to that is
    # fix broken mailing list software
    set ignore_list_reply_to = yes
in your .muttrc.