Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Craig R. Hodges
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject
I figured out how to modify Exim's source to treat blacklist lookup time
outs as not being on the list and to not temp reject...

comment out line 1582 (maybe 1583?) in verify.c: return DEFER;

The only worry I have is how exim caches the RBL lookup data. The spec
says (http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.00/doc/html/spec_37.html#IX1652):

DNS black list lookups are cached by Exim, so a lookup based on the IP
address or sender address is done at most once for any incoming
connection.

Am I right in believing that the next time a connection is made from the
same IP, it will re-check with the RBLs and not skip checking because the
IP is in some cache?

Thanks,
Craig