RE: [Exim] Reverse DNS Lookups

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Terry Shows
CC: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] Reverse DNS Lookups
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Terry Shows wrote:

> I think it would be easier if we just had an entry like:
>
> host_lookup_exclude = 100.100.100.100
> -- OR --
> if host_lookup has the !100.100.100.100 in it, then stop ALL failures caused
> by attempts to do a reverse-dns lookup.

But "don't do a lookup" isn't enough. You have to say whether you want
to handle such hosts as "in" or "out" of the list you are testing.

> Finally, if my suggestion doesn't apply to exim 4, count this one up as
> ramblings from a crazy-over-worked administrator, and ignore it. I will try
> to move to 4 as soon as time allows.

It doesn't really apply to Exim 4. I think I posted the trivial one-line
addition to the ACL that you would need for "accept messages from this
host; don't do any of the remaining tests (which might need reverse
lookups)". It is

    accept hosts = 100.100.100.100

right at the top of the ACL.