Re: [Exim] AUTH PLAIN without a parameter & RFC 2554

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Matt Bernstein
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] AUTH PLAIN without a parameter & RFC 2554
On Mar 22 Matt Bernstein wrote:

>At 17:02 -0000 Philip Hazel wrote:
>
>>> Some clients (notable Pine) seem to send "AUTH PLAIN" without a parameter.
>>
>>That's in violation of RFC 2595.

Apparently not! (See the other mail I sent you.)

>Thanks--I'll follow it up with the Pine folks,

..and they're not budging! Mark Crispin went as far as to say "sendmail
gets this right", and IIRC I've seen Eudora behave like Pine too so it
looks like Exim's behaviour is not "right"--though it would appear to be
an effect of the RFCs-being-as-clear-as-mud cause; not your glitch :)

Is this too late for Exim 4.02 / 3.36? If so, would you like me to try a
patch (I'm not running Exim 3 any more, but I know a man who does)?

Matt