Re: [Exim] more about crypteq

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] more about crypteq
--
fre, 2002-03-22 kl. 23:12 skrev Javier Callico:

> Can anybody tell me what encryption is exim using and
> how I can make a comparison using crypteq or any other
> function ?

Exim 4.0 bookie says, @11.6:

Two encryption types are currently supported:

. "{md5}" computes the MD5 digest of the first string, and expresses
this as printable characters to compare with the remainder of the second
string. If the length of the comparison string is 24, Exim
assumes that it is base-64 encoded (as in the above example). If the
lengt is 32, Exim assumes that it is a hexadecimal encoding of the
MD5 digest. If the length not 24 or 32, the comparison fails.

. "{crypt}" calls the "crypt()" function (the same action as when the
string does not start with '}').

How to?

Exim 4.0 bookie, @11.6.

Tonni

"Bookie" for me is "spec.txt", with the documentation

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981