Re: [Exim] Selectively applying rbl

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: Steve Drees
CC: exim-users
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [Exim] Selectively applying rbl
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Selectively applying rbl
On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Steve Drees wrote:

> I would like to allow our customers to opt-in to rbl filtering of email.
>
> Has anybody done this?
>
> My initial plan is to use the /warn directive and give them directions to
> add a line to .forward to drop messages with the warning in /dev/null. Do
> you think this will work? Is there a better way?

The ACL facilities of Exim 4 were designed to make this sort of thing
much easier than in Exim 3. You would just have to put something like
this in the ACL

     deny   recipients = cdb;/etc/opt-in-users.cdb
            dnslists = blackhole.mail-abuse.org

where the list of opt-in users is in the cdb file. (Or use DBM, or a
database, or whatever.) Then recipients who have opted in will be
rejected at SMTP time from RBL hosts.