Re: [Exim] Anti-Spam idea: throttling

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ken Bailey
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Paul Wilson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Anti-Spam idea: throttling
Paul Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Karl Vogel wrote:
>
> > Ah.. I hadn't looked at the Exim 4 yet.
> >
> > smtp_ratelimit_hosts           Type: host list*                 Default:
> > unset
> > smtp_ratelimit_mail              Type: string                   Default:
> > unset
> > smtp_ratelimit_rcpt              Type: string                   Default:
> > unset

> > >From what I can see, this limits the MAIL FROM and the RCPT TO
> > commands only? It doesn't limit the incoming message (after
> > receiving DATA) or does it?
>
> Highly doubt it, that's normally tcp/ip stack level stuff in the kernel.

I once had an idea (never implemented) of keeping track of
unauthorised relay attempts using an embedded perl lookup for
prohibition_message, backed by a database of offending IPs. The
intention was to generate progressively stronger worded responses.

Using this technique for rbl_reject it would be trivial to introduce
increasing amounts of sleep() in the perl interface to give the
desired effect.

Ken
--
# Ken Bailey, Computer Section,   #    Email: K.Bailey@??? #
# The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, #      Tel: +44 (0)20 8332 5729    #